May 23, 2012

Obligatory First Post

There's always a beginning. In movies, the beginning often starts with some sort of awkward scene to draw you in. I'm going to attempt to draw you into this post without the awkward scene, so let's just jump right on in.

She Makes What She Wants is a DIY blog written by an, currently, eighteen year old who went to art school for a year in the Big Apple and then decided to move back home to Georgia. Not necessarily because she enjoys Georgia, but because that is where she grew up and where her family resides. My name is Rachel. 

I would just like to say right now that I had written like five paragraphs and then decided to delete them.

I would also like to just kind of make you aware that I have a bit of ADHD, and I tend to jump around a lot in the middle of conversations. So please let me know if anything I say makes absolutely no sense. 

I am not entirely sure what this blog is going to be composed of besides hopefully a lot of fun projects and tutorials. I often become obsessed and buy a ton of one particular material, so hopefully I'll have a lot of stash busters too. I will say that there will probably be a lot of jewelry on this blog made up of pretty much any material that I can find. This will most likely be a blog with a ton of projects for accessories... I love accessories. There will be a good variety of techniques as well. I'm a sewer, but I'm also a heavy duty crafter and love finding new mediums to use and new things to make. There might even be cooking too. Who knows! I make what I want! And if you don't really feel like making any of the projects, but want one, chances are I'll post it on my etsy site. http://radrayray.etsy.com 

So here's to beginnings and figuring things out! Life is one big awkward moment, but at least we have people to share it with!




No comments:

Post a Comment