June 13, 2012

Summertime Fruit Delights

Sorry it's been a couple of weeks. My craft room is almost complete, and then I will be able to start with more crafty posts. For now, I have a brief food post.

The other day I went to my friend Ri's house to surprise her with frosties. It randomly started pouring rain on my way there, so when I got there, I practically ran to the door. I was banging on the door and ringing the doorbell. I knew she was home because her parents have been out of town, and she doesn't have her license yet. I decided to try going around back, and I discovered that the screen door was open. I went inside and was looking around for her. Then I heard the door open. Ri was standing there in her raincoat. She was picking raspberries. This sounded extremely sketchy to me because I had no idea that raspberries could even grow in Georgia or that there just happened to be some bushes in her backyard. Sure enough, we went out there and there were raspberry bushes. It's strange because I always thought that raspberries grew on tiny bushes like strawberries, but I guess it makes more sense for them to grow on huge ones. Anyway, we picked some raspberries, and here are the pictures. They were delicious.

 The raspberry bushes. This was after I'd picked quite a few.
 They were much smaller berries than I was anticipating. So adorable though. (is it weird that I think fruit is adorable?)


 Ri's pickin berries too!
 Gotta remember to wash them... I love the way this captured the individual water droplets.
 We ate a bunch of them plain, but we also ate them with banana bread, cool whip, and Nutella. Yum.
What are your favorite summer foods?

No comments:

Post a Comment